No one should have to face the IRS alone, but many people try to. As a result, they end up owing more tax, interest, and penalties than they could ever hope to pay. You can try to do it yourself, but you may not have the ability to understand every aspect of tax law. That’s where we come in.
The tax attorneys at Gordon Law Group can resolve your tax debt quickly.
The Advantages Of A Tax Debt Attorney
When you’re fighting a mountain of tax debt, our experienced tax attorneys and CPAs will make sure your rights are being protected. The IRS or Illinois Department of Revenue can be ruthless in their collection efforts, and they have the authority to go after your assets to collect any taxes that are past due. Regardless of where you are located, the tax relief lawyers at Gordon Law Group can help. We work with clients nationwide, helping resolve IRS tax debt issues and Illinois Department of Revenue matters.
The IRS can even sell your assets so they can pay off any outstanding debts you owe them. They will also file liens against any taxpayers who are unable to pay any outstanding tax debt and it can show up on a title search.
Don’t Risk Losing Everything Because Of Your Tax Debt
The tax debt attorneys at Gordon Law Group will not only make sure your rights are protected, but they can also help you pay off any outstanding IRS debt without risking your financial future.
Some of the ways that our tax attorneys can help you include:
- Developing a strategy. Your IRS debt attorney will work closely with you to understand the scope of your tax issue, so you can develop a strategy to protect your rights and assets.
- Giving quality advice and support. With years of experience fighting the IRS and Illinois Department of Revenue on hundreds of tax debt matters, you can be confident in the information and advice provided by the skilled tax attorneys at Gordon Law Group.
- Negotiating with the IRS on your behalf. It can be intimidating to deal directly with the IRS. When you work with Gordon Law Group, you will have a skilled lawyer for IRS debt to negotiate for you.
- Negotiating an “offer in compromise.” An “offer in compromise” can substantially lower your tax debt in qualifying cases. Gordon Law Group has extensive experience negotiating offers in compromise for our tax debt clients.
- Working out a monthly payment plan. If the amount you owe is too much for you to pay in full immediately, you can agree to pay the debt over time. Your tax attorney can help you arrange a reasonable monthly payment plan with the IRS or Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Filing an appeal with the IRS. If you do not feel the tax bill received from the IRS is correct, you have the right to appeal it—but you must act fast! The tax attorneys at Gordon Law Group are experienced at handling tax appeal matters.
We pride ourselves on offering solid legal advice to many individuals and small businesses, and we have a proven track record of continuous success. As a firm that practices tax law on a daily basis, we know how to navigate the IRS maze to make sure you are treated fairly.
We’re proud to offer personal attention to every client we serve. We will do everything we can to make sure you are satisfied with the service we provide, as we want to give you the best legal counsel that money can buy.
Many people find themselves owing significant tax debts to the IRS and state tax authorities through no fault of their own. In some cases, people don’t understand their tax obligations as independent contractors; in other situations, failing to properly report income or foreign accounts can result in owing unforeseen taxes. Regardless of the circumstances that brought you to this point, Gordon Law Group can help.
Tax debt is not something that you should mess around with, and it’s not something you should put off. The longer the problem goes unresolved, the worse it will become.
You can try to do it on your own, but it will only add to your frustration. That’s why you need to have someone who can fight for you, and Gordon Law Group has everything you need to build a solid defense.
Feel free to contact us to schedule a consultation. Please call us at 312-471-0126 to discuss your situation in detail. We would be happy to speak with you!
Recommended for you
What Happens If You Don’t File Taxes?
Non-filing penalties, non-payment penalties, and interest add up each month if you don’t file and pay your taxes on time.…
Top 10 Self-Employed Tax Deductions for 2021
Powerful tax savings for anyone who’s…
How Long to Keep Tax Records (and What to Keep)
Anyone can be the target of an IRS audit. These tips will make the process run much more…
How to Create an LLC in Illinois
How to register your Illinois LLC in 5 simple…
Offer in Compromise Requirements: Do You Qualify for Tax Debt Reduction?
An Offer in Compromise could lower your tax debt by thousands. Could it work for…
IRS Offer in Compromise Formula: How Much Should You Offer?
Thinking of using an OIC? Get it right the first time with these…