Most Helpful Chicago Tax Audits
Personal and business audits differ. A business audit exposes many more areas of inquiry than a personal audit. The reason is because business tax returns are much broader than personal returns. They can also include Schedule C businesses, S Corporations and C Corporations.
Andrew B. Gordon has been a Chicago tax audit specialist since 1972, and he has helped thousands of individuals and businesses with their tax-related cases.
Here are some of the important ways we can help:
- We appear at the tax audit in your place.
- We never allow our clients to speak to the IRS. It preserves the integrity of our defense, because it keeps the taxpayer from saying the wrong thing to an IRS auditor.
- We guard against Shareholder Derivative Suits (suits from a shareholder against the officers and directors of the company). These suits are because of an alleged breach of fiduciary duty. Because they are becoming more common, it’s often wise to find a qualified lawyer to handle your defense.
- Someone has given information to the IRS (such as an angry ex-spouse or business partner). We will get their statement, and we will contradict where it’s necessary.
- You have deducted any losses from tax shelter investments on your return. This is a juicy tax audit subject, and we can help in the defense of your case.
- You have deducted a complex set of business or investment expenses on your tax return. We have experience in Transaction Law and its associated effects.
- You have a great deal of itemized deductions on your tax return — ones that are outside IRS audit parameters. We can insulate you from any potential liabilities.
- You’re in a business that receives cash from normal business operations.
- Your business expenses are high relative to your income.
- You’re claiming any rental expenses on your tax return.
- You have deficiencies in your taxes from a previous audit.
- You have complex tax transactions on your return that lack adequate information.
- An IRS auditor wants to come to your place of business and talk to your customers or clients.
- An IRS auditor wants to come to your home, and you don’t want them there.
You can relax once you hire us to defend your Chicago tax audit. Andrew Gordon has everything you need, and he can help you come out with your money and assets intact.
Give your Chicago Tax Audit Concerns to our Team of Lawyers
Going through an income tax audit on your own can be a scary thing, and it can be a nerve-racking experience for everyone involved. You don’t need to do it alone! Hire an income tax specialist from ChicagoTaxLawyerFirm.com to defend you.
We have represented individuals and businesses in income tax audits for years, and we want to help you as well!
If you are going through a Chicago tax audit, contact us to schedule a free consultation.
Evening and weekend hours are also available by appointment. Please call us at 312-608-2772 to discuss your situation in detail. We would be happy to speak with you!